Dodge the Brunch waiting lines, and wow yourself and guests with this quick n'easy baked egg breakfast technique. All you need are eggs and a filling of your choice. What do you like with eggs? I chose cremini mushrooms, yellow onions, veggie sausage and arugula. Other suggestions are heirloom tomatoes and basil or mushrooms and truffle oil.
1. Preheat your oven on full blast. For my oven it was 525 degrees, yowzah!
2. Prep your fillings. Chop the veggies, mince the herbs etc.
3. Generously oil your oven safe dish
4. Place your fillings in the dish. If you are using any type of lettuce place on top of the other fillings. For example, I put my arugula on top of the mushrooms, onions and veggie sausage.
5. Crack some eggs on top of your fillings, sprinkle with salt and pepper. I made this dish for my boyfriend and I and used 6 eggs in a 11x8 glass Pyrex dish.
6. Bake 7 mins if you like your yoke runny, 9 mins if you like your eggs medium, and 10 if you like your eggs well done.
7. Serve immediately!
I served my life changing baked egg breaky with a gluten-free bagel by Canyon Bakehouse covered in Back to Life’s garlic herb hummus and Kowalke Organics alfalfa sprouts. The sexy foam you see in my matcha latte is from blending with coconut creamer in my Magic Bullet!! I combined hot water with organic Matcha Love matcha, stirred around fora minute, added a touch of So Delicious coconut creamer and blended for 1-2 minutes! You can find all these ingredients at Lassens.